||HVAC Install Assistant
||Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM with 30 minute lunch plus evenings and weekends as workload requires. We do not quit until the job is done, and during the winter season, we often work late nights and weekends.
||Install Operations Foreman
||$15 – $17 per hour based on ability, attitude, performance, and time.
||Assist Lead Installer in their tasks of installing HVAC systems, facility maintenance, fleet cleaning and stocking.
||Lead Installer is the most common next step for a growing HVAC Install Assistant, but depending on abilities and the team’s needs, other growth opportunities are available as well.
- An HVAC Install Assistant is expected to follow his/her lead installer’s directions safely, efficiently, and effectively.
- He/She should be learning to perform the installation tasks and processes and within 90 days be able to install all ductwork, condensate drains, gas lines, and flue & combustion pipes with only job specific instructions and quality inspections postwork.
- Arrive on time, in uniform, and well groomed.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Comply with ALL SAFETY RULES
Required Qualifications & Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Insurable by company insurance carrier
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to invest time in training seminars and classes.
- Basic Safety knowledge of tools and surroundings.
- Safe use of ladders
- Understand how to use a tape measure
- Ability to use hand tools
- Unloading/Stocking supplies and Equipment
- Unloading/Loading truck
- Cut & drill holes
- Ability to fill out a daily timecard accurately
- Be able to carry 100 pounds
- Insulate duct
- Possesses both written and verbal English language skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Construction or building trades experience
- Basic hand and power tool experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Working in tight places, in attics and underfloor crawl spaces
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
- Ability to work comfortably and safely from a ladder
- Ability to manipulate objects with fingers
- Exposed to outdoor environment and extreme temperatures at times
- Occasional high levels of dust
- Working on-site at clients homes
- Basic required hand tools will be provided
- On the job training occurs continually
- Occasional certification and training opportunities
- Transportation from our facility to the jobsite is provided
- HVAC Lead Installers & Install Operations Foreman will give immediate and continual feedback during the training process.
- In the first 90 days, the Install Operations Foreman and/or the Owner will hold monthly reviews with the new HVAC Install Assistant about their level of fulfillment of desired results.
- After the first 90 days, the Install Operations Foreman and/or the Owner will hold reviews with the HVAC Install Assistant about their level of fulfillment of desired results and their future career goals and growth opportunities on the Evans Mechanical team.
- If within the first 90 days Evans Mechanical leadership determines a new HVAC Install Assistant is unable or unwilling to fulfill the desired results, we will terminate employment immediately
- If after the first 90 days, Evans Mechanical leadership determines an HVAC Install Assistant is falling short of the desired results, we will give a verbal directive for improvement
- If the HVAC Install Assistant continues to fall short of the desired results, we will develop a written plan for improvement with a probationary time set, during which failure to show the ability and willingness to improve will result in termination of employment
- Fulfilling the desired results will make the HVAC Install Assistant a valued member of the Evans Mechanical team and make them eligible for certain benefits (in addition to their hourly pay)
- Paid Holidays: 6 paid Holidays after 90 days of employment
- Insurance: 75% medical, 50% vision and dental, and 100% $25K life as of the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
- Paid Vacation: 1 week after a year, 2 weeks per year after 2 years, and 3 weeks per year after 5 years
- Retirement: matching retirement investment plan after 1 year
- Sick Pay: 3 sick days per year upon start of employment
- Career growth opportunities in a highly demanded trade